Kinds of hosting services
A hosting service entails hoarding and/or sharing certain web content on a web hosting server run by a hosting provider. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's have a peek at them. In that way, you can decide what you want, depending on whether you wish to set up a site, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with comrades and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by particular vendors, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting accounts are often supported by displaying advertisements next to the download links, while a timer makes you await a given period of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file storage plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a totally untrue interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would allot the load between different hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various web hosting services (mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a kind of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some providers provide a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting type is suitable if you desire to share a big amount of images with pals or partners since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to administering your e-mail address accounts. Some vendors provide web page hosting services for websites, but do not provide an email hosting service. If you would like to possess an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to have a website, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can create email accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video produces a certain amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred site visitors, you may have difficulty with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video file will permit you to have as many video files as you wish without hassling about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to own a web site. To a certain extent, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and mail address accounts, upload videos, and so on. At New Zealand Web Hosting Services, for example, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that enable you to have all of the abovementioned services in one single place. There may be limits depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are conceived for specific web content only.